Thursday, January 10, 2013
Celts Roll Suns - Stay Hot
It was only an 87-79 final score, but the Celtics looked fantastic, and played as balanced a game as they have all season. Check out these stats and facts from the game:
- Nine Celtics had six or more points for Boston
- The Celtics held the Suns to 16.7% FG shooting in the fourth quarter
- Jared Sullinger led the team in minutes (34) and had a career high 16 rebounds (game high +/- of +24)
- Kevin Garnett was the only starter in double figures; three players scored in double digits off the bench (Green, Sullinger, and Jason Terry)
- Jeff Green played two more minutes than Paul Pierce and was a +16 on the floor
Outside of Green's storybook night, Sullinger was a tremendous force on the floor, and is looking like the steal of the draft. (click for link). He had 12 points to go with those 16 rebounds, and was the best player on the floor for stretches.
When the bench plays like this, there are not many games this team will lose. Up next is the Rockets on Friday night. Boston will be looking for revenge on their loss in Houston earlier this season.